Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Atrocity Exhibition

Apparently New Balance is producing a line of shoes inspired by Joy Division and other Factory Records bands. Brilliant idea. To me nothing says "cross trainers" like someone who hung himself in his kitchen while listening to some Iggy Pop. But that's just me. They don't look like bad shoes it just seems a little odd that we're using suicidal rockstars to market shoes and baseball video games now.

Not that any of this is interesting at all but soccer fever has apparently overtaken the U.S. Within five minutes of walking onto campus today I saw two guys in Liverpool jerseys, one of whom was talking shit with a guy in a PSV Eindhoven jersey. I also saw a Bayern Munich jersey, two German and a French national team jerseys. For those that were unaware Liverpool owned PSV in Champions League on ESPN today. They kept showing this fat, surly Dutch man and that made me happy.

Oh, and Keith Richards snorted his dad. Gross.
LONDON (AP) - Keith Richards has acknowledged consuming a raft of illegal substances in his time, but this may top them all.

In comments published Tuesday, the 63-year-old Rolling Stones guitarist said he had snorted his father's ashes mixed with cocaine.

"The strangest thing I've tried to snort? My father. I snorted my father," Richards was quoted as saying by British music magazine NME.

"He was cremated and I couldn't resist grinding him up with a little bit of blow. My dad wouldn't have cared," he said. "... It went down pretty well, and I'm still alive."

Well, everyone knows that Keith was pretty wild back in the day. Wait, his dad died in 2002? Wow.

I hate to end on sad news but I happened to come across this while reading about Iowa's new coach. Apparently a missing ISU student from Rolling Meadows, IL, was probably found in Lake LaVerne on the campus today. He was last seen walking home to Towers from a party around 4 AM. The lake is sort of out of his way and he lost his wallet somewhere in Campustown so all of that doesn't make much sense. Either way it's a really sad deal.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home