Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Dear Leader

I was walking through my neighborhood today when I came across this poster sitting on a pile of things to be moved. I started laughing out loud when I saw it.

I mean, how ridiculous is that? In my neighborhood there's about a 99.9% chance that it's meant to be a joke but what really gets me is the fact that this is actually for sale, just $11.99 plus shipping and handling, and that people will buy it because they think it's good. In the days of Bush's 25% approval ratings it's almost surreal to think that so many people actually thought this man was a great president. I'm sure there are plenty of people in that 25% that still think that history will vindicate this incompetant criminal and they're probably polishing the glass on their posters staring longingly into his resolute eyes muttering something like, "Damn straight, there's a new preznit in 'merica now. Damn...what a president. We should drop these things over the terr'sts and that shit will be over soon. One look into those steely eyes peeking out from the cowboy hat and you know this guy just ain't gonna stop 'til it's over. Then there's the man in the suit...the "compassionate" part of "compassionate conservative", staring up to Jesus, just waitin' for his next order."

Just think about how bizarre things like this will be in 20 years. I mean, some people actually bought into all that crap! We lived through some very strange and very disturbing times.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home