Thursday, September 13, 2007

Why I wish I was in Ames this weekend

Sure since ISU couldn't even beat Northern Iowa it's a lot to ask of them to beat Iowa but it's still going to be a great party.
"I'm going to start 7:30 Friday night," Bowers said.

The line of tailgaters is expected to start forming before midnight. Bowers and his staff will be charged with keeping things safe and orderly.

"We will be monitoring that all night," he said. "So that we can minimize any potential impact on the roadways, on the campus and within the city of Ames."

Here's a link to some of my ISU-Iowa game memories from the early days in the Basement. That year I added another classic where the guy I was with passed out in the bar. I went out to make a phone call and they wouldn't let me back in to go get him and wouldn't wake him up. So, I spent the better part of an hour waiting for him to wake up and stumble outside.

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Shawn said...

So glad my favorite team the Iowa State Cyclones pulled out a victory this weekend. Thank God I'm not one of those pathetic Suckeye supporters right now. That would be a pretty lowly existence, if you ask me.

Anybody know of other winning bandwagons that might be driving my way soon?

12:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home