Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Old Clueless Fred

Of any of the Republican presidential candidates I think Fred Thompson might be one of my least favorite. I'm not sure what exactly it is but I think it has to do with all of the media hype that surrounded him "will he or won't he?" and the laughable notion that he's somehow a "sexy" candidate. I mean, have you seen this guy? He looked old on Law and Order and he looks like he's about a hundred and five now. Plus time and time again he's proved that he's absolutely clueless about the issues of today and doesn't even seem like he really cares that much. His reason for wanting to be president was something like, "there's a lot of things that only a president can do." I hear that and think of some guy going through a midlife crisis that wants to launch a bunch of cruise missiles at some Third-World country to feel like a real badass.

Anyway, this exchange in New Hampshire really made me laugh.
Edward Paul, an employee of the Delta Dental Plans Association, asked the question Monday, but had trouble being understood.

"I'm proud to say that in January 2008 New Hampshire has passed a law facilitating civil unions here. ... What is your belief for federal civil unions to be passed?" Paul asked.

"Soviet Union?" Thompson responded.

"No, civil unions," Paul said.

"Oh. No, I would not be in support of that," Thompson said.

Paul said he wasn't surprised, or impressed.

Looks like it's time to put Grampa to bed.

What? Western Union? Rugby Union? European Union? Who?

Soviet Union? Yikes, are we sure this guy still doesn't think he's in The Hunt for Red October?

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home