Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Religious bigot Mitt

Mitt Romney recently said this when asked if he would consider appointing a Muslim to a cabinet position:
"...based on the numbers of American Muslims [as a percentage] in our population, I cannot see that a cabinet position would be justified. But of course, I would imagine that Muslims could serve at lower levels of my administration."

What? So, because there aren't enough Muslims that's a good reason to keep them out of your cabinet regardless of whether they are qualified or not? Well, based on the numbers of American Mormons in our population, I cannot see that a presidential position would be justified. But of course, I would imagine that Mormons could serve at lower levels of government. See how stupid that sounds, Mitt?

Oh, and doesn't appointing positions based on population sound a lot like affirmative action quotas? But of course we don't want anything like that. I guess you have to say some dirty, hypocritical things when you're appealing to the bigoted part of your support base.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home