Thursday, December 20, 2007

My year-in-review...kind of

Well, another year has come and gone and I thought I would send one of those letters where I tell you everything that happened in my life over the last year since we all love reading them.

January
Highlight of the Month: Not that exciting of a month but I enjoyed Boise State-Oklahoma, I guess.
Lowlight of the Month: Chiefs. They miraculously made the playoffs only to become a laughing stock by unleashing the least imaginative playcalling since "Draw to Davis" and not getting a first down until the third quarter.
RIP: Molly Ivins
Good Riddance: Barbaro
Favorite News Story: Mooninites shut down half of Boston
Basement Post of the Month: Separated at birth: Al Davis and the World's Ugliest Dog

February
Highlight of the Month: My Clone Cone. There's nothing better than Cyclone basketball and Clone Cones. Not so great was the negative temperatures and the Burger King trash on my windshield.
Lowlight of the Month: I think it snowed a lot.
Dipshit of the Month: Rush Limbaugh said people hate Rex Grossman solely because he's white.
RIP: Barry Stevens
Good riddance: Anna Nicole Smith
Basement Post of the Month: World Press Photo Awards

March
Highlight of the Month: St. Patrick's Day. The parade, growlers of Free State, college basketball, Kinetik's concert.
Lowlight of the Month: St. Patrick's Day. I can't drink all day like I used to. Also, the dumb anti-war protest I went to.
Wrong Number of the Month: There was a while where I was getting a lot of wrong numbers. Here's my favorite from this month.
Me: Hello?
Kid: Hello?
Me: Hello. Who's this?
Kid: ...Mom?
Me: Umm....no? I think you have the wrong number.
Basement Post of the Month: Good month for blogging. The OJ Mayo video. My eleven worst sports moments, part 1 and part 2.
RIP and Good Riddance: No one of any significance to me died this month so we'll go with the Armenian Prime Minister and the Cowboys fan known as "Crazy Ray."

April
Highlight of the Month: My birthday week: Royals game, KU Relays, the Decemberists show, and finally An Evening with the Combseseses. Kegs and Combses = good times.
Lowlight of the Month: The Royals' brutal start.
RIP: Kurt Vonnegut
Good Riddance: Boris Pickett, the man who gave us the "Monster Mash". OK, not really. I'll add Josh Hancock, the Cardinals pitcher. He was practically deified until it came out he was drunk and high on a bunch of drugs when he wrecked his car while the worst was assumed about Sean Taylor when he was just defending his family.
Basement Post of the Month: This post about Republican Fear Mongering where I manage to work in a Tecmo Super Bowl analogy.

May
Highlight of the Month: No River City Show at the Rhode Island House. Great, great, great evening.
Lowlight of the Month: The Crazies that are trying to take over my family reunion.
Freakout of the Month: The cop who ate pot brownies with his wife and called 911 because he thought he was dying and wanted to make sure the score of the Red Wings game wasn't a hallucination.
Failure of the Month: Don't Buy Gas Day did nothing to reduce the price of gas but did manage to annoy me.
RIP: The shark born to a virgin mother in the Omaha zoo
Good Riddance: Jerry Falwell
Basement Post of the Month: My Prayer Hankerchief

June

Highlight of the Month: Summer, I guess.
Lowlight of the Month: I worked a lot and everyone seemed to be gone all summer.
Basement Post of the Month: Wow, only 4 to choose from but I liked "Did Arcade Fire Steal this Man's Basketball?"
Worst Legal Opinion of the Month: Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia said, "Jack Bauer saved Los Angeles. ... He saved hundreds of thousands of lives. Are you going to convict Jack Bauer? Say that criminal law is against him? 'You have the right to a jury trial?' Is any jury going to convict Jack Bauer? I don't think so."
RIP: Steve Gilliard
Good Riddance: Chris Benoit

OK, that was way more work than it was worth. First, my memory is terrible and I know I'm forgetting stuff. Second, it got kind of boring for me. We'll see if I get enough motivation to complete the year.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home