Wednesday, January 30, 2008

What the hell's a rant?

I'm not sure it's possible for me to have any more disdain than I do for people who wear shorts on the coldest days of the year. You know, the days where the wind is howling the temperature is struggling to get into double digits? You're struggling just to breathe and there's this tool wearing shorts (usually jean shorts for some reason).

What exactly are you trying to prove? Your legs produce so much heat that even on this bitterly cold day you get hot wearing long pants? Really? Are we supposed to be so impressed by your toughness? I guess I remember in grade school I would be jealous of the kids whose parents would let them wear shorts even when it was only about 40 degrees. They'd be standing there shivering their ass off at recess and I'd think, "damn, they look cool." But, in about 6th grade I realized that they were dipshits and who would actually wear that on purpose? Apparently you never got the memo that everyone is laughing at you now. Put some damn clothes on.

On a sidenote, are you feeling like you need a little motivation? Winter keeping you down? Well, let these Aussies get you fired up. Oh, and, umm, if you're at work I wouldn't recommend watching this unless you want to get fired but the story he tells at about 0:40 made me laugh. "She come in 10th or 20th or something but that's not important. The poor bitch was fuckin' runnin'..."

Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I leave my apartment (where I have free heat and it is very comfortable) and walk across the parking lot of my complex in basketball shorts. I do it because I'm lazy and/or fat.

~swany

9:41 PM  
Blogger Ben said...

Actually, I almost made an exception for basketball shorts because the person might be going to work out.

6:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home