Thursday, March 20, 2008

My descent into Madness, part 2

1:55 PM
I decide to use this first part of the 2nd games to take a quick nap on the couch. As I'm flipping through the channels during a commercial I see Charlie Rose doing an interview with a giant black eye and bandage over half his forehead. Apparently someone didn't appreciate the question...

25 or 30 minutes later
I wake up and see UNLV is already way up on Kent State. They show the graphic that the Flashers are 3-14 from the field and have 11 turnovers. They miss their next 6 shots and turn it over a few more times. Maybe they decided to nap through the first half like I did? If I was a fan that paid a bunch of money to watch that I'd be pissed.

2:36 PM
CBS still can't get their scoreboards to work right. They will randomly reset to 0-0. Can we get the other Gumbl to work on this?

2:45 PM
Baylor is losing by 16 to freaking Purdue, a team that ISU beat. I think I predicted every Big 12 team but KU and Texas to lose in the first round. It was a combination of the middle of the league not being that good and some bad matchups. Even though OU is a 6 seed I think K-State has the better shot to win against USC as an 11 seed.

3:27 PM2:48 PM
CBS stops showing the score of games at halftime. I missed exactly how many points Kent State scored in the 1st half and now I have to wait 20 minutes? They keep cycling through final scores but never that one. Fortunately I have the internets and they tell me that it is now 31-10 at half. ISU scored 10 points in the first half against Nebraska. They followed it up with 49 points in the second half and won the game.

3:03 PM
It's like 65 degrees outside and people are already flocking to the bar across the street. Suckers. Don't they know there's basketball on?

3:27 PM
Did someone win a contest to do play-by-play with Jay Bilas? This guy is absolutely horrible. I'm fully expecting him to drop a "Boom goes the dynamite" before this game is over.

3:35 PM
These afternoon games have laid a giant turd. UNLV by 20, Pitt by 24, Purdue by 18. The only think worth watching is UK-Marquette. 3 point game with 38 seconds left. And boom goes the dynamite.

3:41 PM
YOu'd think I'd be used to it by now but every time they show Tom Crean I wonder what Tom Arnold is doing on the sideline. OK, I'm fading here when I stoop to typing about that. Looks like Marquette will move on and I recover to go 4-0 after starting 2-1.

4:22 PM
Well, nothing exciting happened in the last few games. Now I just need to find a way to kill the next hour and a half. Hmm, I should have enough time for a Ken Bone flick.

4:24 PM
That should do it...

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Shawn said...

Oh, nothing goes better with march madness than a masturbation joke - unless it's peanut butter and jelly. Thanks for getting things started off with a bang. Get it?

I expect some notes on which commercials will be forcing me to decide on whether or not to end my life or continue watching basketball by the sweet sixteen.

Beasley with 2 quick ones - uh oh, there goes my upset.....

6:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

In MAC country Kent State is the Golden Splashes, not the Flashers...for future reference.

~Swany

1:51 AM  
Blogger Ben said...

Swany, thank you for the correction. This is the type of "on-the-ground" updates this blog can provide with my vast network of contributors spanning the midwest.

9:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home