Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Hillary the Spy

This is pretty old news but something I never got around to writing about.

Anyway, back when Hillary Clinton was claiming that she, along with John McCain, had "crossed the threshold" while she wasn't sure Obama had yet she mentioned the time she helped bring peace to Northern Ireland and landed "under sniper fire" forced to run with their heads down to their vehicle. Eventually it came out that the peace accord in Northern Ireland had already been signed when she arrived but she did manage to meet with some nice women at a church. Oh, and the trip that was supposedly to dangerous for anyone else? Well, her entourage also included Sheryl Crow and Sinbad.

You remember Sinbad, the actor/comedian in the late 80's/early 90's? Yeah, what a character. Well, Sinbad was enjoying the career resurgence and had this to say about the trip:
"I think the only 'red-phone' moment was: 'Do we eat here or at the next place,'" Sinbad told Akers recently.

Sinbad said the whole description is ridiculous. "What kind of president would say, 'Hey, man, I can't go 'cause I might get shot so I'm going to send my wife,'" Sinbad told Akers. "'Oh, and take a guitar player and a comedian with you.'"

Of course, it's ridiculous. Somehow Hillary is supposed to be the better president because she was in Bosnia? Well, I thought Sinbad was pretty funny in First Kid. I think he's crossed the threshold.

The story was finally shot to hell when CBS News produced footage of her trip. Apparently the danger was so great that they had time to have a meet and greet with an 8 year old girl. Scary moment for all, I'm sure.

So, what finally spurred me to write this blog is to hopefully encourage you to read this very well-written parodies of how Hillary might have remembered these trips. Part I in Bosnia and Part II as Hillary and Bono single-handedly save the Northern Ireland peace process.

I really wasn't a big fan of bashing Hillary because I think she would have made a fine president. However, the actions of her and her husband have just gotten to ridiculous. They continue to try to plant sly racist and other attacks against Obama in the media while at the same time complimenting McCain which is unacceptable for any potential Democratic nominee in my mind. The math is just against her at this point and her only hope is that she tears down Obama to the point that the superdelegates feel he is unelectable and go against the will of the voters. If that were to happen I can't even imagine the scene at the convention or within the party. It would start a civil war. The time has come for her to bow out gracefully and maintain her good status within the party.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home