Thursday, May 29, 2008

Royals, I hate you so much

I seriously can't believe I'm writing another blogpost but I have the insomnia. And by insomnia I mean I can't get off my GD computer and go to bed.

The Royals are in the midst of a classic KC 10 game losing streak. I don't know if they can stretch it out to 19 again but they are losing in some pretty epic ways. They've been no-hit, they've given up 2 grand slams in the same game, last night they hit a 3 run inside-the-park homer to tie it up only to lose in extra innings, and tonight they gave up a 5 run lead in the 9th inning to once again lose in extra innings. The manager that does his best Dusty Baker impersonation by apparently not even remembering he has a bullpen until his starter has thrown at least 120 pitches decided that he was worried about pitch counts for his bullpen and left the same turd that gave up the 3 run jack in the 9th to give up the game winning homer in the 10th against a guy that was 5 for 6 lifetime against him. I guess that's how they roll in Japan.

It's amazing to me that before this streak started the Royals had clawed all the way back to one game below .500. After their first tank job I predicted they would never see .500 again and it appears I was right after all. It sucks that I was starting to buy in. I mean, the pitching was looking good, there were some good young hitters, a new culture was being created. Nope. We still suck.

Fangraphs does a thing where they statistically analyze a game based on the situation to determine a team's chances of winning that game. Anytime a team enters the 9th with a 5 run lead only to lose you know the graph is going to be pretty awesome. What is this, Enron stock?

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home