Tuesday, June 17, 2008

NBA Finals thoughts

I'm a bigtime KG guy but it's a little embarrassing watching this "interview" after the game. I get that he is one emotional dude but he needs to pull it together or they need to interview someone else.
"Kevin, how does it feel to be a champion?"
"AAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGHHHHHHHHH! This is for all the people in 'Sota, in Chicago, in Boston, AAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH!"
"How does it feel to add this to your resume?"
Uncontrollable sobbing.

When this series started I couldn't really pick a favorite but I have to admit that I really enjoyed seeing the Lakers humiliated like they were in games 4 and 6.

Danny Ainge >>>>>>>>>>>>>> Kevin McHale

Fucking Boston. Please stop winning all the time.

If basketball teams start doing the Gatorade bath I might have to punch somebody in the face. It's lame enough in football, we don't need to start doing it indoors. Doc looks like an idiot in a tye-dyed dress shirt.

I love watching Ray Allen's jump shots.

1 Comments:

Blogger Shawn said...

Other things I think I heard him say:

"TOP O THE WORLD! TOP O THE WORLD!!"

"I'M CERTIFIED, MAN, I'M CERTIFIED"

"you know there's a lot of history that goes into this jersey and I just gotta say....... WHAT Y'ALL GONNA SAY NOW? WHAT Y'ALL GONNA SAY NOW?"

And that ball cap tugged below his eyeline.... dude, that's what my high schoolers do when they're emotional- you're 32 for god's sake. It's okay if we see you cry.

You have to give it up for the man though, he had a phenomenal game with some timeless highlight reel stuff... couldn't agree more on the Ray Allen comment... such a sweet, true shot. And don't forget the MVP, the Jayhawk, my newest favorite player in the NBA - Paul Pierce. He played one of the best series I've ever seen, all with cartilege likely torn in his knee. I have to admit I wanted the Celtics to beat the Lakers by 50.

8:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home