Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Meet my new wacky neighbor

I haven't had much interaction with any of my new neighbors so far which is pretty much fine with me. The contact I have had with one girl has exclusively been sometime between the hours of 2 and 5 AM and with me half asleep.

A few days ago I woke up about 3 AM or so to this girl somewhere outside screaming at somebody.
"No one wants to hear you! Go to bed! What the hell is wrong with you. If you're not going to go inside and sleep on the floor than just go home. No one wants to hear you!"
Ironically, she was the only thing I heard but I'm guessing that was lost on her.

Then last night a little after 4 I woke up to the same shrieking voice. I couldn't figure out what was going on at all and probably missed a few good lines (it was, after all 4 AM) but these are the ones I can remember after I figured out what was going on.
"What are you doing?!? Are you calling to see if she'll pick you up?"
The guy says something I can't hear.
"Bullshit! Then let me see the text message."
Guy says something else.
"If you walk away now...don't ever turn around!" Ha. Good one.
And then finally, the one that really got me was a very sarcastic "Good luck with the railroad!"
Umm, what? Is this guy like a train engineer? Is he a drifter that rides the rails? Is this other mystery girl the daughter of a railroad magnate? I suppose we'll never know but I can't wait to see what other kind of drama she'll whip up early in the morning. If she does keep it up I'm definitely dropping a "shut up, skank" on her.

1 Comments:

Blogger Shawn said...

Somebody want to check if Nathan Todd has been lurkin around Lawrence proper??

9:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home