Friday, September 12, 2008

Palin on Russia

Good grief, if this one hand picked interview with this woman provided this much idiocy surely she'll completely meltdown at some point, right? Ugh, I have to keep telling myself, as important as it is to me and the country, a lot of people just don't give a shit.
GIBSON: What insight into Russian actions, particularly in the last couple of weeks, does the proximity of the state give you?

PALIN: They're our next door neighbors and you can actually see Russia from land here in Alaska, from an island in Alaska.

Uhh....right. "Uh huh, they're in sight. I can see them from the island." "Dammit, not 'in sight', 'insight'!" Try again.
GIBSON: What insight does that give you into what they're doing in Georgia?

PALIN: Well, I'm giving you that perspective of how small our world is and how important it is that we work with our allies to keep good relation with all of these countries, especially Russia. We will not repeat a Cold War. We must have good relationship with our allies, pressuring, also, helping us to remind Russia that it's in their benefit, also, a mutually beneficial relationship for us all to be getting along.

Answer the GD question! WE KNOW THEY ARE CLOSE! TELL US HOW THAT MATTERS TO YOU!

I'm wondering if this woman is even less intellectually curious that Bush is. Anytime they tried to ask her anything remotely serious she gave complete non sequiter answers. It's like she can recognize the words and can put them together into something that almost makes sense only it doesn't actually address the actual question. It would be like if I tried to have a conversation with an art historian or something. I can namedrop a few movements and artists but anything deeper than that and I'm completely bullshitting. She just has no clue about any of this and apparently has had no interest to actually learn any of the details.

I suspected that the conservative puppet masters like Cheney loved Bush because they could get him to do pretty much whatever they wanted. I mean, he didn't really give a shit and I think they found version 2.0 in Palin.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home