Sunday, November 16, 2008

Cyclone Basketball note that may only interest me

Through three games this season Iowa State is shooting 42.5% from three including a school-record 15-27 tonight. Last year they shot 31.3% for the season. Maybe they should have been shooting from a foot behind the line the whole time?

In fact, three-point shooting was one of my biggest frustrations last year. They were way too content to chuck up threes before even trying to look for a better shot when they weren't a particularly good team to begin with. I have no expectations for this team. Well, unless expecting them to finish in the bottom 2 or 3 of the Big 12 counts. I don't expect them to keep up this pace obviously but if they can find some legitimate outside threats it might actually be possible to watch their games without wanting to gouge my eyes out.

And, yes, I know I haven't written for a long time and I know this post will be interesting to 3 or 4 of my dozen or so readers but hopefully I should be back up and writing regularly soon.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home