Tuesday, November 04, 2008

I voted!

I woke up enthused and decided to get my vote in early. I arrived at about 7:05 and was the 33rd person to vote in my precinct. The really odd thing was that there were usually about 30 people in the "A-L" line and between 0 and 5 people in the "M-Z" line. Dammit, aren't you people voting?

For some reason it always makes me feel good to go to the polls on election day and see the same old people working and see various people from around my neighborhood all coming together to do their part. I also wore my "I voted" sticker all day. Yeah, I'm a huge nerd.

My ticket was straight Democratic and "Yes" on raising my taxes to pay for things like streets and sidewalks (start in my neighborhood, plz) and public transportation. There was only a Republican running for Sheriff. First, doesn't voting for Sheriff still seems a little odd? It just makes me think of Deadwood or something. Second, he was going to win anyway so I decided to write in Hunter S. Thompson in honor of his campaign to win Aspen, CO's job many years ago. Unfortunately I didn't find out until later that one of my friends wrote in my name for the job. Damn, I could have had 2 votes.

Can I just say that Sarah Palin going back to Alaska and wearing a freaking Carhartt jacket to vote is just ridiculous? Was that included in the $150,000 or not? Please go away, the sooner the better.

As far as the rest of the evening I'm cautiously optimistic. Actually, I'm not even that cautious as I'm convinced that this is going to be a great night and if it isn't? Well, I don't want to think about that now... Hope you all, Baracked the vote. Yo-Bama!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home