Saturday, February 28, 2009

John McCain: Twittererer

When even John "John McCain is aware of the internet" McCain is using Twitter I guess I have to start taking it seriously. Maybe I should move the Basement there so I wouldn't write such long damn posts? Nah.

Anyway, here's John McCain's Twitter feed where he lists his "top ten porkiest projects" in the new budget. From what I can gather Republicans just hate science. Among the projects that draw McCain's ire are pig odor research in Iowa (he should live downwind from a confinement farm and see if his attitude changes), astronomy in Hawaii "because nothing says new jobs for average Americans like investing in astronomy" (ha! screw you, science! also, I'm curious if he has ever supported money for the observatories in his home state...), the Center for Grape Genetics "quick peel me a grape", a honey bee factory, and, finally, beaver management in North Carolina and Mississippi.

Here's where it gets hilarious. Before he edited all the funny out of it his post read "$650,000 for beaver management in North Carolina and Mississippi - how exactly does one manage a beaver?" Well, John, allow me to demonstrate...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home