Thursday, July 30, 2009

Moving day

Well, I'm in the process of leaving the ghetto. You could say I'm moving on up to the East Side. I guess I finally got my piece of the pie. Although technically I'm leaving a dee-luxe apartment in the sky to go into a house but it's definitely in East Lawrence. Goodbye asshole frat guys acting like they're going to fight each other every night of the week and hello hipsters and domestic disputes. I couldn't be happier about this.

In some ways I'll miss watching it all from my balcony (uh, especially the parade of skanked out girls going to the Hawk...sorry). I'll miss walking down the hill on my home from work and looking out over East Lawrence all the way past Eudora. It's nice living on my own but I'm going to have some good roommates and things like...a yard. I won't miss walking up the hill with a slight hangover or the Bull's music trying to drown out mine (although they've toned it down and actually play some stuff I like which is way different than the summer I spent hearing the same 10 songs over and over and over).

This is actually the longest I've lived anywhere except the house I grew up in. To put it in perspective when I moved in I was still dating a certain crazy ex-girlfriend and that seems like 20 years ago. I've some good stories come out of this place. "If you're with us, you'll fight." The high-speed chase that ended when the guy smashed into the 30 foot tree right outside my window. The crippled stripper (haven't told that one on here yet so I should point out that it's a PG rated story...just so people don't get the wrong idea, heh).

Having lived in college towns for way too long there's something comforting about this time of year. People moving in, moving out, moving on. It was actually almost exactly 5 years ago that I moved into the Basement of MLitB fame and started this blog. Don't go back and read the archives, please, because, not only are the entries brutal but it's painfully obvious how little they've improved. Ha.

Anyway, I've got about 20 hours before I need to have my shit out and this place somewhat clean so it's time to get busy. Thanks, 14th and Tenn, it's been real.

3 Comments:

Blogger erin said...

also, 'member those nasties who had sex outside your door on the balcony?

1:25 PM  
Blogger Ben said...

Ooh, good one. That was gross.

3:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

And the giant hill Horv turned into a Slip n' Slide...if only for in his mind/for 2 feet at a time....

5:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home