Thursday, January 28, 2010

Chris Matthews with some great SOTU analysis

I've been swamped with my grant writing stuff lately so I didn't get a chance to actually watch Obama's speech tonight and I still have something to say about Paul Shirley's second biggest meltdown (he wrote about #1 here in case you were curious what it was) at some point but I had to throw this video of Chris Matthews out there because it's too hilarious not to. Oh, Chris never fails to bring the awkward. Transcript via NY Times:
I was trying to think about who he was tonight. It’s interesting; he is post-racial, by all appearances. I forgot he was black tonight for an hour. He’s gone a long way to become a leader of this country and past so much history in just a year or two. I mean it’s something we don’t even think about. I was watching and I said, wait a minute, he’s an African-American guy in front of a bunch of other white people and there he is, president of the United States, and we’ve completely forgotten that tonight — completely forgotten it. I think it was in the scope of the discussion, it was so broad ranging, so in tune with so many problems and aspects and aspects of American life. That you don’t think in terms of the old tribalism and the old ethnicity. It was astounding in that regard, a very subtle fact. It’s so hard to even talk about it. Maybe I shouldn’t talk about it.
To sum it up:
I completely forgot that he was black for the entire hour so to show how much we've all moved on from focusing on his blackness I'm going to talk about nothing but the fact that he's black and not really mention anything he said because we're all clearly focused on that and definitely not noticing that it's a black guy up there talking. He's black.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amiable brief and this enter helped me alot in my college assignement. Thanks you as your information.

5:16 PM  
Blogger Ben said...

Uh...any time?

11:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Easily I acquiesce in but I about the collection should secure more info then it has.

6:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home