Sunday, August 22, 2010

Good news bad news

The good news is 33 miners in Chile are still alive after being trapped and missing for 17 days. The bad news is it's going to take four more months to get them out!

So, what do you do when you're stuck underground for four months? According to the article they rigged up some lights so I suppose that might help a little bit but I can't help but think of a Chilean woman sitting down with her kids in a few months. "The good news is your daddy's home. The bad news is he's a mole person now."

While I was reading that story I noticed another one off to the side with the title, "Iran unveils long-distance bomber drone that aims to deliver peace and friendship." "Wow! That's awesome," I thought. "They're going to deliver peace and friendship from long-distance? This is a welcome change." Then I read the article and it turns out it's actually "an ambassador of death" with very-limited peace and friendship delivery capabilities. Talk about your all-time misleading headlines.

Hey, now that we've hung that "Mission Accomplished II: Electric Boogaloo" banner in Iraq we've got a slot open for another war, right? I mean, those 50,000 soldiers still hanging out there can't have that much advising to do...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home